Wednesday, March 9, 2011

we are family

today is ash wednesday.  I am not sure what that exactly means other than tomorrow begins lent, 6 weeks of giving up something in your life that holds on to you.  My niece Kyann is giving up facebook.  I would love to give up something, not sure what. 

The childrens father is still in Tennessee and is planning on returning to the area this weekend.  He may be moving to Tennessee to find a job.  The children obviously want him to remain around here.  They like the idea of having him close by, however I dont think they actually want to spend every other weekend with him.  John on the other hand needs to feel loved and missed by them.  This is a stressful time for the children.  Jacob and Gabrielle are attending counseling 2 times a month.  We are blessed to have prayer warriers and we definately feel the answered prayers.

Gabby is angry, she is going thru some insecurities.  She doesnt feel she is pretty to anyone other than adults.  She wants to dress in the trendy clothes.  She is a people pleaser.  I am not sure exactly all that she is holding in.

Jacob is having difficulty with unforgiveness, but I know that he wants John to stay in the area.  His grades have been ok.  At this point I think he has given up on getting straight A's this semester.  He is capeable of A's.  I just need to keep close supervision on his school work.  By nature Jacob will be lazy, and he would spend hours on x box, so I have to limit him in this area.  I have taken on the challenge of helping him in baseball.  I am gaining much more confidence.  I am soooo glad that I have taken the time to learn a little about baseball since I have 3 boys. 

I am having a good week.  No poor me moments.  I am focusing on discipline with the children, along with routine.  I am focusing on holding them accountable for listening to me on the first request.  Also I am focusing on holding them accountable for their actions. 

I have decreased my work days and increased my work week with fridays.  I want to pay attn to the children when they get home. 

My blog is more like a journal, however I want it to take on a creative entertaining learning twist.  I want us to look back on this blog and realized how we made it through the tough times and how God was so involved.  We are so blessed.  Some day my kiddos are gonna have to own their faith.  I hope they can look back on this and know that we didnt do this on our own.  I wish my kids could somehow add their feeling to this blog so they can see growth. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs/FreeStyleMama Creations